At Illuminate Dentistry, we provide quality restorations that improve your oral health while looking perfect. In our commitment to great restorations, our team uses composite dental fillings in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Traditionally, dental fillings have been made with silver amalgam material. This material has since fallen out of favor in the dental community due to concerns that the amalgam alloy contains mercury. At our dental office we only use composite dental fillings. Dr. Rachelle Boudreau, Dr. Vincent Benedetti and our associates like using this restoration option because of its safety and aesthetic value. Composite fillings use a tooth-colored resin material to restore the health and function of the smile without the potential side-effects associated with amalgam fillings.
Benefits of Composite Dental Fillings
There are many benefits of using composite fillings over amalgam fillings, including:
- Composite material that promotes structural integrity
- Reduced risk of the treated tooth breaking
- Added insulation from temperature changes caused by food and beverages
- Sealed edges of the cavity and increased resistance to decay and leakage
- Repaired cavities that are too small for amalgam fillings
- Can repair and replace without removing filling
- No mercury or other metals
- Natural-looking appearance
Typically, our team can provide you with this service in just one appointment. Call 513-772-0722 to set up an appointment with our dentists and team!